- 1 ½ cups firmly packed grated sweet potato
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 extra eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
1. Place sweet potato and ½ cup of milk in a large microwave safe
bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on High for 6
minutes, or until soft. Roughly mash with a fork. Whisk in remaining
milk and egg yolks.
2. Place flour into a large bowl. Stir in sweet potato mixture to a make a thick batter. Add the fetta and season to taste.
3. Whisk egg whites in a large clean bowl to soft peaks. Fold into batter.
4. Working in batches, pour about 2/3 cups of batter (depending on size
of waffle maker) onto a pre-heated non-stick round waffle maker. Cook
until golden brown until waffle iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over
medium high. Crack eggs one at a time into hot pan. Cook for 2-3
minutes, until whites set and are crispy around the edges, but yolk is
6. To make harissa yoghurt, stir yoghurt and lemon juice together and season to taste. Swirl in the harissa.
7. Top waffles with spinach leaves, sliced avocado and fried eggs. Dollop over the harissa yoghurt and sprinkle with pepitas.
Amount Per Serving Calories 529Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 286mgSodium 811mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 8gSugar 6gProtein 23g