Last Updated on
Here’s a dish that ticks every box. It abounds in flavour, colour and nutrition. Not enough to tempt you? How about low in calories, gluten free and super easy to make?
And if you’ve never thought of roasting garlic, throw in some extra cloves because you’ll be a fan after trying this dish.
- 750 grams fresh asparagus spears
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 230 C / 450 F (210 fan-forced). Trim and discard the woody bases from asparagus. The easiest way to do this is simply to bend the spear and they will snap where the tender shoot begins.
- Place asparagus and garlic in a medium sized baking tray and drizzle with a good quality olive oil. Lightly salt and sprinkle generously with freshly ground pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender but still bright green, stirring once halfway through roasting. Serve immediately. Makes 8 side servings or four light meals when served with fresh, crusty bread.
Try using lemon rather than salt for added piquancy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 271 Total Fat 21g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 345mg Carbohydrates 18g Fiber 8g Sugar 5g Protein 9g