- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 50 ml milk of choice
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garlic chives, chopped
1. Slice sweet potato into 1/2cm thin slices.
2. Coat sweet potato in 2 tsp olive oil & place onto a 24cm diameter fry pan, evenly covering the base of pan.
3. Turn stove on medium heat & place lid on fry pan. Cook until sweet potato is cooked though.
4. In a large bowl, place 5 eggs (whites & yolk) & whisk. Add
milk, onion, carrot, garlic chives & 1 tsp curry. Mix. Add 1 tsp
olive oil & mix.
5. Pour over cooked sweet potato in pan.
Reduce heat to low and cover with lid to cook evenly for approx. 10min.
Take off lid, top with sliced zucchini & remaining curry.
6. Place under heated grill without lid until top is crispy & golden brown.
7. Remove from pan, slice & enjoy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 357Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 467mgSodium 231mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 5gSugar 9gProtein 20g
Sweet Potato Fun Facts:
- Sweet potato isn’t remotely related to potatoes. It’s actually a member of the same family as that gorgeous but incredibly invasive, Morning Glory vine.
- The shoots and green leaves can be eaten as a green vegetable (unlike potatoes where both shoots, eyes and leaves are highly toxic).
- Sweet potato is nutritionally rich – especially in vitamin A, potassium and magnesium – while being low in carbs and totally fat free.
What more can you ask for in a vegetable? Oh, they also make fantastic chips (fries) when done in an air fryer.