- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp milk of choice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- ⅓ - ½ cup Greek or coconut yoghurt
- Handful of your favourite granola, for topping (optional)
- Olive oil, coconut oil or butter, for cooking the omelette
1. Place frozen berries in a small saucepan and add ¼ cup of water.
Cook over the stove on a low heat until warm and thickened, stirring
occasionally. Set aside.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and maple syrup. Heat a
non-stick pan up to a moderate heat and add a teaspoon of oil or butter.
3. Pour in the egg mixture and cook until almost set, then flip and cook for a minute more.
4. Slide the omelette out onto a plate. Spread one half with yoghurt,
then the berry compote, then fold the other half of the omelette over on
top. Scoop over any remaining berry compote and sprinkle over granola,
if using. Enjoy immediately.
- If you don’t like flipping omelettes, an alternative cooking
option is to make the omelette in an oven-safe fry pan and finish it
quickly in the oven. To do this, preheat your oven to 180C before you
start cooking the omelette. Start making the omelette on the stove as
above, but when it’s starting to set, pop it in the oven for 3-5 minutes
to cook the top. Too easy and no need to flip!
- Fresh berries can be used in place of frozen berries. You can cook them into a compote or simply use them fresh as they are.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1271Total Fat 90gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 51gCholesterol 1036mgSodium 854mgCarbohydrates 70gFiber 11gSugar 36gProtein 48g