- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar, extra
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soba
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 free range eggs
- 3 medium just-ripe white peaches, stoned, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan and line the base and sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. Place the water and butter in a large heatproof bowl. Stir until the butter melts. Add flour, bicarbonate of soda, buttermilk, lemon rind, half the sugar, and 1 egg. Whisk until just combined.
3. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 mins or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Reduce oven to 160°C.
4. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, ½ cup (120g) sour cream, remaining sugar, remaining eggs and vanilla in a bowl until smooth and well combined. Pour over the base in the pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 30 mins or until just set. Set aside in the pan to cool.
5. Meanwhile, increase the oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine peach, extra sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl. Place on the lined tray. Bake for 12-15 mins or until caramelized. Cool.
6. Use an electric mixer to whisk cream and remaining sour cream in a bowl until firm peaks form. Spoon on top of cheesecake. Top with peach and syrup.
Cooling time depends on the dish itself.
Amount Per Serving Calories 104Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 17gSodium 166mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 28gProtein 6g