- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 leek (rinsed and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 cups potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken (or vegetable broth)
- 1 15-ounce can no added salt white beans
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly cracked)
- Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Chives (chopped)
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1. Heat oil over low heat in the bottom of a heavy-bottomed pot.
2. Chop leeks and save greens for another use. Add the white part of leeks and garlic to the stock pot and cook, stirring, until softened. Add potatoes and broth and simmer, covered, until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer all contents to a blender. Add white beans and pepper and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into bowl and garnish each with a dollop of yogurt, a teaspoon of chives, and a teaspoon of crumbled bacon (optional).
Amount Per Serving Calories 144Total Fat 2gCarbohydrates 24gProtein 8g