- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients then stir in the bananas, egg, apple, and vanilla extract. Use a mixer to incorporate everything.
3. Lightly coat a doughnut pan with cooking spray or vegetable oil and ladle the batter in. Place in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Remove the doughnuts and let them cool on a wire rack. While cooling, mix the yogurt and honey together in a small bowl.
5. Once completely cooled, dip the top of each doughnut into the yogurt mixture, making sure to coat the entire top. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top.
6. You can enjoy right away or refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the glaze to firm up.
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 3gCarbohydrates 16gProtein 4g