Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini (see note)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 100g no-added sugar chocolate chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Pinch salt
- 20cm x 30cm lamington pan
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-force. Grease and line base and 2 long sides of a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan.
- Whisk sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla bean paste in a large bowl until combined. Stir through zucchini (no need to squeeze moisture from zucchini) until combined. Sift flour, cacao and salt over zucchini mixture. Stir until combined. Fold walnuts and chocolate through. Spoon into prepared pan. Level surface with a spatula. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan over a wire rack. Cut into 20 pieces. Sprinkle with extra cacao.
Brownie will keep wrapped in plastic for 1 week or you can freeze it for up to 1 month.
You will need about 350g zucchini.
Amount Per Serving Calories 10Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 2.4mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 0g