Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 375g spaghetti
- 165g sourdough bread, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Dried chili flakes, to serve
- Place bread in a food processor. Process until coarse crumbs form. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add garlic and anchovies. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Wipe pan clean.
- Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1⁄2 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, break eggs into frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until white is set but yolk is still runny.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pasta, breadcrumb mixture, cooking liquid and half the parsley leaves to egg. Gently toss for 1 minute or until just combined and eggs break. Sprinkle pasta with lemon zest, dried chilli and remaining parsley leaves. Drizzle with remaining oil. Serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 154Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 55mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gProtein 21.9g