- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- ½ cup "no-chicken" broth (see Tip) or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, basil and/or parsley
Bring 1 inch water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower and garlic; cover and steam until very tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain well. Return the pasta to the pot.
Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a blender. Add broth, almond milk, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. Serve topped with herbs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 284Saturated Fat 1.3gSodium 401mgCarbohydrates 45.5gFiber 6.6gSugar 3gProtein 9.2g