Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
- 4 large tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 8 ounces fresh tortellini pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 ½ cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tablespoon packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
In a 5 quart Dutch oven, brown sausage. Remove sausage and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
Saute onions and garlic in drippings. Stir in beef broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, tomato sauce, and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Skim fat from the soup. Stir in zucchini and parsley. Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add tortellini during the last 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top of each serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 324Total Fat 20gCholesterol 50mgSodium 1145mgCarbohydrates 20gProtein 15g