- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
Remove from heat, and add brown sugar; stir until smooth.
Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, oats, and salt in a medium bowl.
Combine butter mixture with the dry ingredients, and add egg and vanilla extract.
Fold in walnuts and bittersweet chocolate.
Mix well, and spoon by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 minutes or until tops are dry to the touch.
Amount Per Serving Calories 92Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 12mgSodium 54mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 2g