Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 375g spaghetti
- 6 bacon rashers, excess fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan
- 4 free Range Eggs
- 190g jar basil pesto
- Cook the spaghetti in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, fill a deep saucepan two-thirds full with water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Crack 1 egg into a small cup. Use a large spoon to stir the water to create a whirlpool. Carefully pour the egg into the centre of the whirlpool. Cook, without stirring, for 2 mins for a soft yolk or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Heat a large non-stick deep frying pan over high heat. Cook the bacon, stirring, for 5 mins or until crisp. Add the pasta to the pan with the pesto and reserved cooking liquid and cook, tossing the pan, for 2 mins or until pasta mixture is heated through.
- Divide mixture among serving bowls. Top with poached eggs and parmesan. Season. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gSodium 344mgFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 10g