3-Ingredient Chipotle-Lime Grilled Steak
Spicy chipotle and zesty lime perk up quick and easy grilled steak. Serve with tortillas and all the fixings for a zero-fuss taco night.
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, ribs and seeds removed, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest (from about 2 limes), divided
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- Lime wedges (for serving)
1. Blend chile, adobo sauce, 1 tsp. lime zest, lime juice, oil, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper in a blender until smooth. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over, and toss to coat. Marinate, tossing occasionally, at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or chill overnight.
2. If chilled, let steak sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of steak registers 120–125°F for medium-rare, 2–3 minutes per side for skirt; 3–4 minutes per side for flank. Let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain (to make slicing easier for skirt steak, cut into 5–6" segments, then slice against the grain).
3. Transfer to a platter and top with remaining 1/2 tsp. lime zest; season with salt and pepper. Serve with lime wedges alongside.
Amount Per Serving Calories 353Total Fat 21gCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gProtein 36g