Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups sushi rice
- 150g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon mirin seasoning
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Sliced green onion, to serve
- Cook rice following packet directions until tender. Cover to keep hot.
- Meanwhile, cut broccolini stalks into 2cm pieces. Halve the florets. Pour 2 cups cold water into a medium, 8cm-deep frying pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add broccolini stalks, mushroom and carrot. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add broccolini florets, miso paste, soy sauce, mirin seasoning and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes or until vegetables are just tender (see note).
- Pour egg over vegetable mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Divide rice between serving bowls. Using a large metal spoon, spoon egg mixture and broth over rice. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve.
Cook's note: Don't drain the water from the frying pan as it becomes the broth for this dish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 106Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 70mgSodium 269mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 0gProtein 5g