- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pork loin chop
- ½ cup packed fresh basil (24 large leaves)
- 24 large red globe grapes
1. Soak twelve 10-inch wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes, to prevent the wood from burning on the grill.
2. In a small bowl, combine cumin, fenugreek, allspice, cardamom, salt, and pepper and set aside.
3. Cut the pork into uniformly sized 3/4-inch cubes. Sprinkle the spice mixture onto the pork cubes and stir until well coated.
4. Start each kebab by sliding a cube of pork onto the skewer. Wrap a basil leaf around a grape and thread onto the skewer so that the leaf is pierced in two places and trapped in place. Continue threading, alternating with pork cubes, until each skewer has three pieces of pork and two basil-wrapped grapes, being careful to leave no gaps. Leave room on the ends of the skewer to handle the kebabs.
5. Preheat the gas grill (or, if using charcoal, allow coals to burn until they are covered with a thin layer of gray ash). Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally until pork is only slightly pink in the middle, or to your desired level of doneness.
Amount Per Serving Calories 178Total Fat 9gCarbohydrates 9gProtein 16g