- 350g gold sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- 350g mixed tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 200g zucchini, coarsely grated
- 50g baby spinach
- 50g of rocket leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 free range eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup (120g) grated tasty cheddar
- 1/2 cup (60g) buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup (80g) spinach dip
- 3/4 cup (210g) of Greek-style yoghurt (or substitute a cup of hummus for the dip and yoghurt)
- Combine the zucchini, spring onion, sweet potato, cheddar, and egg in a large bowl. Then add the flour and stir until well combined. Season the mixture after.
- Heat 2tbs of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add four 1/4 cup (60ml) portions of the sweet potato mixture to the pan. Then cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep it warm. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining sweet potato mixture.
- Combine the tomato, spinach, and rocket in a separate medium bowl rate. Drizzle with the remaining oil and season the mixture.
- Combine the dip and yogurt in a small bowl. Arrange the fritters on a serving platter and season. Then serve with the salad and yogurt mixture.
Make it ahead - Cook the fritters up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in fridge. Reheat in oven at 180°C for 15 mins, or in a preheated sandwich press for 2-3 mins, or until heated through.
I say zucchini, you say courgette. or courgetti! Either way, it's a great tasting vegetable that's almost fat-free, carbohydrate-free and sodium-free yet is a great source of potassium, magnesium and vitamin C.
Where to get buckwheat flower:
Made from ground buckwheat grains, this gluten-free flour is ideal for baking and cooking. Find it in the health food or baking aisle. Of course, if you don't need to go gluten-free, just use a plain wheat flour.
Try adding half a cup of sultanas for a totally different taste sensation.
Amount Per Serving Calories 347Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 149mgSodium 192mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 5gSugar 12gProtein 13g