- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 1 package pad thai rice noodles
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch chipotle crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
On the stovetop over medium-high heat, place a wok or deep saucepan and add oil, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, and tofu. Saute until tofu is browning and vegetables are softened.
Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Add cooked noodles to the wok or pan with the tofu and vegetable mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and crushed pepper. Pour over the tofu and vegetables. Mix together while still over the heat. Remove when thoroughly heated.
Divide noodle dish among six bowls. Top each with a sprinkle of peanuts, carrots, and cilantro, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 8gCarbohydrates 55gProtein 10g