Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 650g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 4 slices crusty bread, to serve
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 small vine-ripped tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Place mince, brown onion, garlic, celery salt, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs and egg in a bowl. Season with pepper. Mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 12 rissoles. Place on a tray. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Crunchy Salsa Trim celery, reserving the small young leaves. Finely dice celery stalk. Place in a bowl with tomato, red onion, lime juice, oil, reserved celery leaves and Tabasco sauce (if using). Season.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook rissoles, in 2 batches, for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Serve rissoles with crunchy salsa and crusty bread.
You can prepare the rissoles to the end of Step 1, up to 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 32mgSodium 280mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gProtein 12g