- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2cm-piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, roots finely chopped, sprigs picked
- 700g white washed potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- tomato relish, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- chopped chillies, to serve
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and turmeric and cook for 1 minute or until seeds begin to pop. Add onion, ginger, chilli and coriander root and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until softened. Add potato and 2 1/2 cups warm water and increase heat to high. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are very soft. Stir in lemon juice and season.
2. Meanwhile, combine flours and 3 tsp sea salt flakes in a bowl. Add 2 1/2 cups warm water and whisk until combined and smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes.
3. Heat a 22cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup batter and swirl pan to thinly coat base. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
4. Top one side of each dosa with some of the potato mixture. Fold over to cover filling. Serve with relish, lemon, chilli and coriander sprigs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Total Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 3gSodium 26mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 5g