Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons korma curry paste
- 2 tablespoons (loosely packed) fresh coriander leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 750g can four bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 20g (1/4 cup) quinoa flakes
- 2 wholegrain (or sourdough) rolls, split, roasted
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small beetroot, peeles, coarsely grated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh coriander leaves
- 80ml (1/3 cup) beetroot tzatziki
- Baby spinach leaves
- Microherbs, to serve
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add carrot and beetroot and cook for 2 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until aromatic. Set aside to cool completely.
- Process bean mix and coriander in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Place onion mixture, bean mixture and quinoa in a bowl. Use hands to mix until combined. Shape into 4 flat patties. Place extra quinoa on a plate. Press patties into quinoa to lightly coat.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Top roll bases with tzatziki, spinach, patties, cucumber and herbs. Sandwich with roll tops.
Amount Per Serving Calories 378Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gCarbohydrates 45gFiber 14gProtein 16g